Re: Planning for NetBSD 5.0

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 09:29:21PM +0000, Dennis den Brok wrote:
> Has this always been planned like that, i.e., only for i386/amd64, or
> have there been unforeseen problems with crossbuilding for other ports?

It has always been planned this way for 5.0 - there are no problems with
crossbuilding xorg for other platforms, but the support in xorg for non x86
stuff is a lot less mature than our xfree support. This will need fixing,
for sure, but it's unrealistic to expect any other arch to switch in time
for 5.0.

Martin