Re: progress(1) a bit drunk?

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:53:43AM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2008, Martin S. Weber wrote:
>
> >How do I test that? (and I'm usually losing time as I'm on a SMP
> >system. As nptd used to make the machine thrash at times I'm adjusting
> >the time regularly with ntpdate. Maybe that's the cause? But ntp
> >shouldn't cause such things, should it??)
>
> Hmmm, I run nothing but SMP machines (2 dual-core AMD64, one qaud-core
> AMD64) and have had no ntp issues at all, and no time lost.

I have these problems ever since:
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2005/01/29/0004.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/06/07/0005.html

The real message
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/06/02/0008.html) seems
lost... I'm losing several seconds a day if not beating onto it with ntp or the
like.

I at least no longer have these 'hiccups', but still am losing time :)

-Martin