Re: iwn0 driver: status

On Sunday 20. July 2008 11:53:24 Brett Lymn wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 10:05:47PM +0200, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
> > The iwn wlan nic still cannot connect to my AP but it stopped spiting out
> > those hideous messages.
>
> Try the attached patch applied to src/sys/dev/pci/if_iwn.c.  I have
> had reports that with the patch people are able to connect to their AP
> if they are using a static WEP key.

I don't use WEP and I was able to associate with my AP and "get online".
There is however an issue which somehow makes the system to partially lock up
when I check out sources with cvsup/csup.
The cvsup process stops after a short while when it checked out some of the
source files.
Then I am not able to create any new files or dirs on the file system or even
browse any of the dirs. I am still able to type and login to the console.
I am not sure if this is related to any issues with the file system on CURRENT
or the iwn driver.

[...]

Thanks for your good work Brett.

Marcin

P.S I've Linux installed on my laptop as well and the driver works at every
boot but it may need some time to associate with the AP (also without WEP).
The iwn driver you're working on associates right away.