Re: Performance problems with Seagate Barracuda ES.2 harddisks

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 06:11:40PM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
> > tar:        Extracting the NetBSD 4.0 source tar archives to an empty
> >             filesystem with a size of 9 to 10GB.
                                          ^^^^^^^^^

> Just on a hunch, I wonder if this might be seek related or something
> silly like that?

That's my best guess, too. Somebody suggested some kind of acoustic
management. Is there a way to check or configure that using NetBSD?

> How big are the partitions on wd0 and wd{1,2}?  Maybe
> try a partition on wd{1,2} that's the same size as the one you're
> testing with on wd0.

I already had the same idea. That is why I created a 9 to 10GB partition
on "wd1" and "wd2" as I mentioned above.

        Kind regards