root-on-nfs with network interfaces that require config (eg. wireless)

        I have a few systems I'd like to run 'disk'-less with root on
        NFS, but that might only have connectivity via some network
        that requires configuration (wireless, USB-ethernet-emulation,
        etc.).  Do we have a 'standard' way of handling these sorts
        of situations?  Is there a better way than memory-disk which
        sets up the network, mounts the filesystem and chroots to the
        NFS root?  And if not, is there a nice way to boot to multi-
        user using the memory disk trick?

  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|