Re: cardbus reads from not exist function

kiyohara%kk.iij4u.or.jp@localhost said:
> +#if 0
>         bcr |= PCI_BRIDGE_CONTROL_MABRT << PCI_BRIDGE_CONTROL_SHIFT;
> +#endif

Yes I think this makes most sense, at least for now.

jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost said:
> But maybe the error reporting should be enabled after the scan?

Parity check etc should be OK. As I understand it it is just the master
abort (which is kind of a timeout if the target function doesn't
respond) which hurts. If the cardbus bridge translates this into
a target abort it confuses the PCI framework of at least some
architectures. (Istr some alphas check, but other ports rely on reading
all-ones.)
The problem with enabling after the scan is that "after the scan
is before the scan" on cardbus. I'd say we can live without
the MABRT bit set. Needs some testing of course.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt