Re: slapd memory fault - core dump

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Doran wrote:
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 03:40:04PM +1000, Sarton O'Brien wrote:

A fresh install of openldap from the latest pkgsrc on:

NetBSD spike.internal 4.99.66 NetBSD 4.99.66 (XEN3_DOMU) #0: Mon Jun 23 02:42:12 EST 2008 root%spike.internal@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/XEN3_DOMU amd64

Throws the error 'Memory fault' and dumps core. I can successfully populate the database with 'smbldap-populate' but dumps randomly when being queried.

It's a bug in libc or libpthread I think. I'll try to reproduce it.

I noticed some changes to libpthread so cvs updated but no change. If there is anything I can do (with my limited knowledge) I'd be happy to spend the time.

Sarton