[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
HEADS UP: pf(4) update
pf(4) in NetBSD -current has been updated to OpenBSD 4.2 based pf.
There are a few important things to note about this update:
- A new pfctl must be installed before booting a kernel with the new pf.
- 'keep state' is now the default for pf rules, use 'no state' to
disable stateful filtering.
- 'flags S/SA' is now the default on TCP connections, use 'flags any' to
disable flags checking.
- The pflog device is now a cloning device, pflog0 will
automatically be created when starting pflogd.
- There's a new libevent-based ftp-proxy in /usr/sbin, which runs in
standalone mode. Use ftp_proxy=YES in rc.conf to start it at boot time.
The old ftp-proxy in /usr/libexec has been removed.
If you notice any problems, please send a problem report with the
Main Index |
Thread Index |