Re: Running mprime on dual-core machines

Selon Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost>:

> I would like to know if this is a problem in the hardware, kernel
> multithreading or linux emulation.

IMHO, Linux emulation has some caveats on multi-processor machines. Here, e.g.,
on my core 2 duo machine, I have to run soffice (Linux binary) twice: the first
try always crash. It doesn't happen on my UP laptop. Both run more or less
-current (well, actually my core 2 duo machine is a bit lagging because of my
boot issue).

Well, it could be a bug with soffice, but I don't think so.
V.