Password trouble?

Hi all,

This might be a horrible FAQ (although some quick googling didn't turn up anything), but since it just happened to me and I don't want it to happen again...

I just built NetBSD-current successfully for the first time (yay!), I followed the instructions from

  http://www.netbsd.org/docs/current/

and everything seemed great, but after the final reboot I can't get back into my box remotely, all passwords seem to be gone for some reason. :-/

Did I miss something obvious? If so, what? I hope I can fix this from the console when I get to it later?

Cheers,
Peter