Re: unresponsive after mount msdos and cd /mnt within amd64 dom0

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 06:26:24 am Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 12:31:40PM +1000, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
> > amd64 dom0 updated in the last 12 hours. Attached umass and mounted
> > msdos ok. As soon as I attempt to cd into the mount the system becomes
> > unresponsive. Breaking into ddb shows:
>
> Maybe related to kern/38892 ? Do you have DEBUG+DIAGNOSTIC in your kernel
> config file ?

I'd say you're spot on. I just happened to do 'cd /mnt' rather than transfer
data but both obviously trigger the panic.

I'm using default amd64 dom0 kernel which as you would know, does have these
options :)

I guess I should avoid msdos fs then. I was hoping to avoid transferring all
this data over the network but would rather keep debug and diagnostic as I
think the benefit of keeping them would outweigh the time taken.

Thanks Manuel.

Sarton