Re: recent -current changes made smartd (smartmontools) a hanging process

Markus W Kilbinger wrote:
Hi!

Since at least yesterday an actual -current kernel (on i386 and
cobalt/mipsel) made 'smartd' (out of pkgsrc/sysutils/smartmontools) a
hanging, un-kill-able process. Recompiling the package does not change
this behavior.

Does anybody see what's the reason for this?

Another 'me too'.

When initiating it after boot the system paniced and dropped to ddb but as I have only just recently been testing amd64 and this was just after recompiling smartd for the new system, I ignored it.

Sarton