Re: Dom0 panic during cvs update/smb transfer in domu

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 12:18:47PM +1000, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
Only vga console so copied by hand.

cpl 8 rsp ffffa0000be7e7f8
Stopped in pid 0.36 (system) at netbsd:breakpoint+0x5:   leave
breakpoint() at netbsd:breakpoint+0x5
panic() at netbsd:panic+0x255
__kernassert() at netbsd:__kernassert+0x2d
evtchn_do_event() at netbsd:evtchn_do_event+0x263

Paul Goyette pointed out the first line of the message, which means it's
amd64.
Based on this, evtchn_do_event+0x263 points to line 301, i.e. the
same issue as reported by Kazushi Marukawa.
I'll see if I can reproduce it on my test box. Do you have other
domUs running than the one doing the cvs update ?

The uname I provided says amd64 at the end too :)

10 vnds set in kernel but only 4 being used.

3 x i386pae domu and 1 x amd64 domu

I think the significant factors though were the ~16GB being transfered to the domu while the parity rewrite was occuring.

If you want more details like memory and configs, let me know.

Sarton