Re: Moving usr into cgd -- is it ok if i use "cp -p -P -R" in single user mode?

On Sat, 3 May 2008, Cem Kayali wrote:

Hi -again.

I want to move /usr into cgd drive. Is it ok, if i a backup it using "cp
-p -P -R /usr /usr2" and then move /usr2 content (using same command)
into cgd? Of course next step is to edit fstab and mount /dev/cgd(usr2)
to /usr.

        You only need to copy once. I would suggest:

        - Setup cgd and mount (temporarily) on /usr2
        - "cd /usr && pax -rw -pe . /usr2"
        - "umount /usr2 && rmdir /usr2 && mv /usr /usr2 && mkdir /usr"

        Now you have your /usr backup in /usr2 and your cgd /usr ready to
        mount.