Re: NetBSD in a camera

I happened into Office Depot tonight, and found a clearance camera made
by Panasonic.  It's a pan-and-tilt "network camera" model BL-C10.

Looks like this one is already in the NetBSD products gallery,
<http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/products.html#panasonic-cam>.

There are a flock of NetBSD product in JPN telecom field.  Major carriers shun
away from Linux and want to build their own networks with GPL-free equips.
This email message was sent via V6 enabled IXP420 NetBSD FW gateway.
I happened to know about a person in charge of NTT-West V6 enabled FTTH
service years ago he told me much how they built such the commercial
service that covers the West half of JPN.  From residential to back office
almost all equips they built (beside they bought) are NetBSD.  Other carriers,
like KDDI, made a similar NetBSD, say NEC V4133.  So the number of
ASDL/FTTH customer are at least equal to NetBSD products.

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology