Re: Installing NetBSD 4.0 gives "disklabel: partition c: offset past end of unit"

My shame,

I recently noticed that it is because of SATA drive Yes.

I have only IDE or AHCI mode in bios console, and selecting IDE seems to be

Will i have disadvantage if i use IDE mode? This is personal notebook, not

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:17:18 -0700 (PDT)
> Cem Kayali <> wrote:
>> Well, the problem is i think, it shows wd0d (whole disk) partition as
>> 67 MB
> Let me guess -- it's an SATA drive.  Go into your BIOS and reconfigure
> the system to use ATA mode.  It's a known bug that no one has a fix for.
>               --Steve Bellovin,

Cem Kayalı

Sent from the current-users mailing list archive at