Re: python dumps core

perl configure dies as well:
Checking your choice of C compiler and flags for coherency...
I've tried to compile and run the following simple program:

#include <stdio.h>
int main() { printf("Ok\n"); return(0); }

I used the command:

        cc -o try -O2 -pthread -I/usr/include -fno-strict-aliasing
        -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement try.c -lm -lcrypt -lpthread
         ./try

and I got the following output:

[1]   Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./try
The program compiled OK, but exited with status 139.
You have a problem.  Shall I abort Configure [y]
Ok.  Stopping Configure.
*** Error code 1