I miss my sysbeep :)

This has been bugging me for a long while...

I've got four machines (2 Dual-core amd64, 1 Quad-core amd64, and one i386 laptop) running 4.99.60, but the "issue" started way back in the early 4.99.20s or .30s. Stated simply, the problem is that "sysbeep doesn't beep".

Now, I know it's not critical, but it would really be nice if xbiff could alert me when new mail arrives even if I've switched the display to one of the other machines.

I've tried it with pcppi* attached to isa? and attached to acpi0 - it fails to beep regardless.

Any clues?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |