Re: Hot plugging of SATA disks doesn't seem to work under NetBSD-4.x?

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 01:59:45PM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 1.  Are SATA drives supposed to be hot pluggable from a software
> perspective, as SCSI disks are?

Many (but not all) SATA controllers support hot-swap, and most drives.

However, we have none of the software support necessary to enable it.
Others will have to answer the remainder of your questions about how
we might gain that support.  There's been a lot of support added
recently for attach/detach of various drivers, so I would imagine you
could try that approach on the pciide controller at least, even
without support for hotplug on the bus.

--
Dan.