Re: current-i386 (4.99.58) failed to build

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 00:38:49 +0200
Lukasz <> wrote:

> Dnia 2008-03-31, o godz. 12:16:29
> "Chavdar Ivanov" <> wrote:
> > I've finished full release on i386 -current overnight
> > without any problems - I am running it right now.
> >
> Hi,
> Alan - thank you for the explanation. I've searched for error messages
> before "Failed target" but didn't find any.
>  I updated the sources this morning and tried to rebuild it again.
> Unfortunately, I encountered the same problem.
> I don't want to send whole log to the group, because it is a little
> bit heavy (~37M). If someone would like to help me, then I can send
> him file directly.

Two things...

First -- have you deleted your build area?  (I build everything
into /usr/BUILD, so it's easy to wipe it out and start fresh.)  If
you're using -u with, don't...

Second -- and perhaps too obvious -- do you have any local patches?

                --Steve Bellovin,