Re: growfs(8) for NetBSD

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Juan RP wrote:
I've just adapted growfs(8) from OpenBSD (they adapted the FreeBSD code),
which is able to grow FFSv1 and FFSv2 filesystems.

I tested growing a partition in FFSv1 and FFSv2 from 1GB to 4GB and the
process was smooth (and fast); after this I ran 'fsck_ffs -yf /fs' and it
found one error that was fixed correctly.

I didn't find any error, so I'd think it should be safe to use it
everywhere. Also please note that I only tried it on i386, perhaps it needs
changes for BE and/or LP64 archs.

Please review and/or test it, thanks!

I've not tested it yet, but it appears that the -y flag (expert mode) doesn't quite behave as documented as it doesn't check that the filesystem is not mounted (but it does check for an active snapshot which isn't documented either).