Re: Heimdal import changed kdc behaviour / broke boot

On Tuesday 2008-03-25 19:19 +0000, Michael van Elst
<mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> output:
:gcw%pobox.com@localhost (Geoff Wing) writes:
:>IIRC, the last thing that changed behaviour this way (ipmon?) had
:>its startup flag changed in /etc/defaults/rc.conf  rather than
:>changing the source.  Either fix is fine by me.
:rc.conf looks fine to me. Opinions?

I've explained this poorly.  Previously there was

src/crypto/dist/heimdal/kdc/config.c:1.12  with

#define DETACH_IS_DEFAULT TRUE

Now there is

src/crypto/dist/heimdal/kdc/kdc_locl.h:1.11  with

#define DETACH_IS_DEFAULT FALSE

If it doesn't detach and run daemon() then it hangs in the foreground and
the rest of the /etc/rc.d/* scripts won't run.

Either the new behaviour should be reverted and DETACH_IS_DEFAULT redefined
to TRUE in kdc_locl.h (and kdc.8 updated to indicate this - note the
previous kdc.8 did not mention --detach) or src/etc/defaults/rc.conf should
have

kdc=NO                  kdc_flags="--detach"

I'd pick the first option.  Maybe someone has a good reason for the second?

Regards,
Geoff