kernfs broken in 4.99.55/amd64, circa 21 March 2008?

I've installed -current/amd64 updated/built on the 21st on my Sun
X2200M2 (over xen) and notice that /kern (kernfs) is no longer
populated.

I looked at my laptop, also running -current/amd64, but from a
week or two earlier, shows the same thing..

A build of 4.99.53 from 8 Feb doesn't demonstrate the problem.

Have I buggered something?

Or is something buggered in the tree?

Thank you,
        Eric Schnoebelen