Re: ps2pdf utils

reed%reedmedia.net@localhost said:
> Prosper uses Postscript features from  pstricks.

Yes I see:
(/usr/pkg/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/pstricks/pstricks.sty
(/usr/pkg/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/pstricks/pstricks.tex
`PSTricks' v1.04  <2004/06/22> (tvz)
(/usr/pkg/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/pstricks/pstricks.con))

> You mention using pdflatex instead of latex-dvips-ps2pdf.

Partly because I need it as pdf finally anyway, so I'd save
some processing steps, and partly because everybody seems to
recommend it.
(The processing steps argument doesn't hold if I need to
import graphics -- many graphics editors can export eps but
not pdf, so I pay with additional conversions here.)

> See http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=pdf/pdfoutput

Thanks - that's a lot of useful information.

> Or look for pdftricks and maybe prosper can use it instead?

I see -- but that is cumbersome to use. I think I'll
stick to dvi and ps for now.

Btw, the wip/pdftk pkg did serve me well to help borrowing
slides from other presentations. I'll consider importing it
into pkgsrc after the freeze.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt