Re: NFS client renders system unusable

Sarton O'Brien wrote:
I have an NFS server running with samba on lfs which occaisionally panics for reasons I haven't bothered to delve into yet, I'm almost positive it is either samba or lfs related ... but most likely the combination.

When the NFS server dies, the client console fills up with:

yp_order: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to send; errno = No buffer space available yp_order: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to send; errno = No buffer space available yp_order: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to send; errno = No buffer space available yp_order: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to send; errno = No buffer space available yp_order: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to send; errno = No buffer space available yp_order: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to send; errno = No buffer space available

And the client system becomes completely unusable.

In this instance it occurred within minutes of the server dying.

Googling the error doesn't reveal much so I'm not sure if there is something I can do to mitigate the effects, if it's a known issue or if it's a bug. As the NFS server used to be almost completely stable, this is a problem I've never really encountered.

Any help appreciated.

Sarton

OK, now it just appears to be happening when under load, the NFS server hasn't died and the client is producing those messages endless ...

kernel and userland are only a few days old for both server and client.

Any ideas?

Sarton