Re: ntpd panic but only in a domu

Sarton O'Brien wrote:
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:57:57 am Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 09:27:03AM +1100, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
I'm still seeing this but only in a domu and only on a domu with
significant memory usage (ie. a domu runng slapd/postgress and a domu
running apache/zope) and using the 'disable kernel' option  doesn't help,
if there is anything else I can provide, let me know. I can trigger this
at will:
What OS version are you using ? I use ntpd in netbsd-3 and netbsd-4 domUs
without problems.

I continually test on as late a current snapshot as I can, and have been watching this issue for some months:

NetBSD spike.internal 4.99.54 NetBSD 4.99.54 (XEN3_DOMU) #0: Mon Feb 25 13:07:59 EST 2008 root%spike.internal@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/XEN3_DOMU i386

Userland is from the same time as the kernel.

Sarton

Just to close off this thread, the problem was promptly fixed by yamt@ (kern/38153: panic: uvm_map_pageable: stale map).

Sarton