Re: PCPPI (sysbeep) crashes the kernel!

On 05/03/2008, Vincent <> wrote:
> Hi there,
>  with the -current sources as for tonight, the sysbeep interface is
>  broken: pcppi and sysbeep interfaces lead to supervisor page faults,
>  either early while booting the kernel, or when a beep is supposed to sound.
>  That's not a very critical issue, but I'm curious to know if somebody
>  else noted that and what could cause such a crash in such a trivial driver.

I had the same (bell issued by vim); I got a dump, if anyone is interested.

The same unmodified i386 GENERIC kernel did a panic during
initialization by midi as well - but I could not get a dump out of
this; I could switch to serial console and keep the log or just take
the trace out of the screen, if that might be useful.  ATM I boot
disabling them both; the rest seems as usual.

>  Vincent

/dev/random says:
        I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014