Re: GCC and BUILD_ADA=YES

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
> Can we build GCC in the base system with BUILD_ADA=YES flag (in
> /etc/mk.conf) ?

No.  The NetBSD build is intended to work on any system with an existing
C99 compiler and existing POSIX-like environment.  Building Ada requires
an existing Ada compiler.

I imagine that there must once have been some old Ada compiler that
could be bootstrapped without an existing Ada compiler, but I don't know
where that might be.

--apb (Alan Barrett)