Re: xf86-video-intel v.2.2 and DRM

On 03/02/2008, Tobias Nygren <> wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 20:08:49 +0000
> "Chavdar Ivanov" <> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Basically, the question is, do we have DRM on Intel chips, and if yes,
> > what is the kosher way to achieve it.
> Hello Chavdar,
> I never actually got the DRM stuff to work with any version of the intel
> driver, or any other card for that matter. I apologise for the breakage.

No problem - otherwise it works just fine... DRM is nice to have, but
I don't really run all the time 3D stuff on my laptop, and I just
occasionally startle the unfortunate onlooker with some weird Beryl

> You can revert the update in your tree by:
> cvs update -dPD 20080129 x11/xf86-video-intel
> In the long run we will need the 1.4 server to get DRI, but I guess
> we're waiting for the 1.4.1 release. I should note that Blair's latest
> update to wip/modular-xorg-server14 broke it for me. Gives me a black
> screen when I attempt to start the server.

As I mantioned, I am running modular-xorg-1.4 on a different box. I
decided to bite the bullet and try the update on my laptop - the one
woth failed DRM. It is still compiling, so I will first revert to the
previous xf86-video-intel - at least for the test.

> -Tobias

/dev/random says:
        I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014