Re: panic in amap_wipeout (amd64)?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 08:01:43PM +0000, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> I need to gather a few more details before I send-pr, but is anyone
> else seeing a reproducible panic in amap_wipeout?  I first noticed this
> on a kernel from Friday, Jan 25 (amd64) on a Thinkpad T61.  If I boot
> single-user and do

It could be a TLB management issue but it's more likely that something is
corrupting memory. I've found this panic to be a sign that something is
allocating memory with kmem_alloc() and then overrunning the allocation,
or using it after freeing it. It could also happen if something calls
kmem_free() on an area of kernel stack.

Andrew