Re: Workaround for Firefox crashiness

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > > Has made things work much smoother for me.
> > >
> > There are also memory leaks that eventually kill it, but with a much
> > longer time constant unless you download huge pages.
>
> Always a ray of sunshine... You should take it up with the Firefox folks. If
> you hadn't noticed, that issue is not specific to NetBSD.

I have heard great things about firefox 3 (available in beta and I haven't
used 3 myself).

http://www.squarefree.com/2007/09/20/firefox-memory-usage-and-memory-leak-news

(also see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Memory_Leak)

When I set my limits to reduce memory usage of firefox, it continually
silently crashed. (I don't know what version that was though.)

  Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. Anyone available to port Minimo?