Re: netbsd cause overheating of laptop

On Jan 23, 2008 4:36 PM, Juan RP <juan%xtrarom.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:30:31 +0100
> "Daniel Horecki" <shinden%linux.pl@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Recently I have installed NetBSD on Compal laptop, and it has overheat
> > twice.
> > It seems to turn off fans. envstat is hanging and power button doesn't do
> > anything.

> This is because the ACPI EC driver is not working at all. Perhaps you'll be
> lucky and Joerg will fix that soon :-)

Ah, ok :)

And one more thing, from that dmesg:

cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7500  @ 2.20GHz, 2194.67 MHz
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep frequencies available (MHz): 2400 2200 2000
1800 1600 1400 1200

How it can set 2400MHz, if it's 2.20GHz? Linux can use 2200 MHz to 800 MHz.

morr

--
Daniel Horecki
http://morr.pl