Re: azalia: no audio on acer aspire 5310

On Sun Jan 13 2008 at 12:53:26 +0200, Arto Huusko wrote:
> Hi,
> on Acer Aspire 5310, I can't hear any sound from azalia.
> Neither internal speakers nor headphone plug works.
> Azalia attaches like this:
> [snip]
> Is this azalia device and codec actually supported, or do I need to
> configure something differently with mixerctl?
> Is there anywhere any documentation on how to actually use mixerctl
> with azalia?

What worked for me is to add options AZALIA_DEBUG and AZALIA_DEBUG_DOT in
the kernel, then run the dmesg prints through graphviz and try to meditate
on the resulting graph.  I never quite got the hang of how it actually
works, but iterating with trying to get the mixerctl items into a state
which could theoretically produce output eventually produced a result.

Antti Kantee <>                     Of course he runs