Re: ubt: ISOC config failed

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> I plugged in a USB dongle for Bluetooth and got:
> ehci0: handing over full speed device on port 10 to ohci0
> uhub1: port 10, device disappeared after reset
> ubt0 at uhub0 port 10
> ubt0: Zeevo, Inc. BT-500 Bluetooth USB Adapter, rev 1.10/1.34, addr 6
> ubt0: missing ISOC IN endpoint on interface config 0
> ubt0: ISOC config failed
>
> Is that a fatal error or just a warning?
> What does it mean?

means trouble :)

A bluetooth USB device should have Bulk and Isochronous endpoints and if
any is missing, the ubt driver will fail during attach. I'm supposing that
this problem is occuring further inside the USB stack than the ubt driver,
there often seem to be problems with ehci.

If you can disable USB 2.0 (or enable legacy USB) in the bios, that will
often make it work so far as I know though of course you lose the faster
USB.

I'm not sure what to suggest apart from that, can you file a PR with as
much information as possible about the USB layout?

My laptop screen seems to be failing again (known defect) and I might have
to look into upgrading this year if I can't get it fixed. For sure
something with ehci would be better because this keeps coming up.

iain