please test: ethernet media-handling patch

At <ftp://cuw.ojctech.com/users/dyoung-3ed84044/ifmedia.patch> is a
patch that makes many ethernet drivers share the common code for MII
media handling, ether_mediastatus() and ether_mediachange(), and which
checks for a non-ENXIO error return from mii_mediachg().

I want everyone to have the opportunity to test this patch before I
commit it in about a week, because it affects more architectures than
I can feasibly compile and run.

The patch contains a few miscellaneous changes, too:

gem(4): use LIST_EMPTY(), LIST_FOREACH().
mtd(4): handle media ioctls, for a change!
axe(4): do not track link status in sc->axe_link any longer
nfe(4), aue(4), axe(4), udav(4), url(4): do not reset all PHYs
        on a change of media

I have compiled macppc, sparc64, and i386.  I am compiling for evbmips
(MERAKI), now.  I have run the patches on i386 boxen with bnx(4)
and sip(4).

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24