Re: Machine livelock with latest (4.99.48) kernel on sparc64

Tobias Nygren wrote:
I can reproduce this, with a LOCKDEBUG kernel. I don't have any swap
enabled so instead of death by vm thrashing I get killed processes.
I guess this could be a problem with the sparc64 atomic ops, since
the uvmexp accounting doesn't add up.

That would make sense; if you look back at my top output in the original email (or the earlier followups), you'll notice that the memory usage doesn't add up -- there's almost nothing used for the file cache and yet no memory free.

--rafal