ATF-devel archive

Re: errors on make check

On May 16, 2008, at 21:22 , Marc Spitzer wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to make a port for atf on freebsd.

Great!

  The compile seems to
work fine but I have had two problems when I tried to test, gmake
check, and they are:

1: could not find the default tools directory, ./tools.  Fixed by
adding to path

This is normal. make check is supposed to use already-installed tools; attempting to run it against the binaries in the source tree is just asking for failure. Yes, I know that the INSTALL document says that make check goes before make install... but that is wrong.

By the way, you mention gmake. Doesn't the build of ATF work with the native make in FreeBSD?

2: ./tools/atf-config and ./tools/atf-run do not like what they are
being fed by "gmake check":

/testsuite.at:30: /usr/ports/devel/atf/work/atf-0.5/tools/atf- config --version
atf-config: ERROR: Unknown option --.
atf-config: Type `atf-config -h' for more details.

/testsuite.at:30: /usr/ports/devel/atf/work/atf-0.5/tools/atf-run -- version
atf-run: ERROR: Unknown option --.
atf-run: Type `atf-run -h' for more details.

That's not a problem. Autotest assumes that the world is GNU and that programs will print a version identifier if fed them the -- version argument, which the ATF tools do not support. This is just done for informational purposes and the errors are non-fatal.

The test suite is failing because you are running it against non- installed tools.

Hope this helps and thanks for working on the package.