Re: default ctwm config thoughts

On Sun 11 Oct 2020 at 07:45:39 +0000, nia wrote:
> I've been trying the recent release of ctwm (from pkgsrc), and there
> seems to be a bug where Firefox can steal focus and global keyboard
> shortcuts stop working (moving mouse off firefox returns things to
> normal).
>
> Is this problem known to upstream?

I don't recall such a thing. I've switched to the 4.0.3 release version
for now, and let's see if I notice anything.
I do know that Firefox has often been rather sensitive to differences
between window managers. And not always been correct...

Searching through the ctwm mailing list archives for "Firefox" I find
some messages from October 2019 (i.e. after the 4.0.3 release) about
positioning ("Firefox field autocomplete drop-down menu annoying
problem"), but not about focus.

A fixed item in README.md mentions "Fix some edge cases where we'd fight
other apps' focus handling." and Firefox.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on