Re: Nonfree fonts in xsrc

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 09:59:36AM +0000, nia wrote:
>> Debian has decided not to distribute the following fonts
>> due to them not meeting their Free Software Guidelines:
>
> This is not really relevant to use at all. It's also not really that
> unusual for fonts (or art in general) to mandate the no-deriviatives
> clause.

Agreed.  We also don't have strict free-license-only rule for base.  As
a big example we have a lot of device firmware.

While it could be a fair question as to whether any particular bits
should be removed, I don't think it should strictly be about license, at
least for things where verbatim copying and use are fine, and we don't
have examples of angst from people wanting to make changes.