Re: Not matching our bitmap Helvetica

On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 06:47:58PM +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> Things like twm use XLFD, which ignores this configuration, so it can
> still find Helvetica, so it continues working.

Since I don't know anything about fonts, matching and the relevante libs
in our X environment, can you explain this in a bit more detail?

What is this config for, what other matchings are used and how can I
check what applications use what kind of matching?

Stupid other question: what would it take to ship a good and ttf enabled
setup in base (plus some of the fonts)? We already rely on some of this
in the wscons font generating tool (where we only commit the resulting
pre-scaled fonts) - having this completely in base could have some merit
if it is not too heavy or too churny.

Martin