Re: nouveau and X

Judging by my personal experience with an HP Envy laptop with an Intel
530 and NVidia 950m, it would alleviate the boot problem at least.
Months (maybe 6-8) ago I had to disable nouveau* and genfb* to even
boot (again, no console available), then X configuration would fail,
similarly to your problem. Now both cards are recognised, the NVidia
variety is still unsupported by the present port of drm2, but the
Intel card works well enough (with the exception of 3D accelleration).

Try http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201903130720Z/images/NetBSD-8.99.35-amd64.iso
. By the way, I have been running -current on all my physical or
virtual machines (except when specifically testing some releases),
usually it is very stable and usable, only occasionaly one may hit
some problem when there are some more substantial changes. The
developers usually respond quickly to such issues.

--
----