re: Repeatable X crash in RADEONBlockHandler_KMS

> On Tue 04 Dec 2018 at 01:04:51 +1100, matthew green wrote:
> > i strongly recommend not mixing xsrc and pkgsrc libGL.  ie,
>
> I didn't do that. I made sure that all GL-requiring packages use the
> pkgsrc version, and glu and gle and libdrm too:

but you are mixing libGL in xorg-server vs the apps.  that's the
problem i'm guessing at..

> > .. anyone want to make it truly easy to cross compile x11
> > in pkgsrc from build.sh? :-)  then we can retire xrsc, and
> > these sorts of problems should go away.
>
> I really consider X to be part of the base system, not as extra
> installed packages. I update my packages for the stable branches, and I
> don't want to restart my X server every 3 months! It loses my session
> and I hate that.

i think you misunderstand my desire.  while one could do this,
what i'm really after is a way to have them built from pkgsrc
but installed relatively normally.

i totally feel the same way -- i never want to restart my X
unless it's a security issue in the server or the libraries
the server uses.

i don't know how possible this is, but first step would be to
get things building first.

--

there's a fairly basic issue that we don't have a solution
for yet wrt Mesa and xsrc -- many of the backends now require

this is the main reason i want pkgsrc to eventually replace
xsrc -- but i want to keep all the basic features that xsrc
has provided over the years.

.mrg.