Re: Repeatable X crash in RADEONBlockHandler_KMS

On Tue 04 Dec 2018 at 01:04:51 +1100, matthew green wrote:
> i strongly recommend not mixing xsrc and pkgsrc libGL.  ie,

I didn't do that. I made sure that all GL-requiring packages use the
pkgsrc version, and glu and gle and libdrm too:

PREFER.libdrm = pkgsrc  # req'd by MesaLib
PREFER.MesaLib = pkgsrc
PREFER.glu = ${PREFER.MesaLib}  # automatically correct for most; req'd
for xscreensaver
PREFER.gle = ${PREFER.MesaLib}  # req'd by xscreensaver
# GL, gle and glu should generally match up, PREFER-wise.

> .. anyone want to make it truly easy to cross compile x11
> in pkgsrc from build.sh? :-)  then we can retire xrsc, and
> these sorts of problems should go away.

I really consider X to be part of the base system, not as extra
installed packages. I update my packages for the stable branches, and I
don't want to restart my X server every 3 months! It loses my session
and I hate that.

> .mrg.
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond