Re: full dmesg (Re: can't get Nouveau console

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 10:54:34PM +0900, Makoto Fujiwara wrote:
> options   MSGBUFSIZE=1048576

Good idea.  I put this in my NOUVEAU kernel configuration and was able
to get some more dmesg output.  I'm not set up with a serial console
and there is voluminous output on bootup, so I'll just attach a few
screenshots.  The first one shows that the nouveau0 device attaches to
the card and doesn't show any errors.  The second one shows that the
initialisation of the nouveau driver appears to be successful and
finds its PRAMIN image.  The final image shows the failure to "map
PRAMIN BAR".  I put an additional debug message in the code in
/usr/src/sys/external/bsd/drm2/dist/drm/nouveau/core/subdev/instmem/nouveau_subdev_instmem_nv40.c:

#ifdef __NetBSD__
        priv->iomemt = nv_device_resource_tag(device, bar);
	priv->iomemsz = nv_device_resource_len(device, bar);
	nv_error(priv, "bar = %d, iomemt=%x, iomemsz=%x,
        	 start=%x\n", bar, (unsigned int) priv->iomemt,  (unsigned int)
		 priv->iomemsz, (unsigned int) nv_device_resource_start(device,
        	 bar));
	if (bus_space_map(priv->iomemt,
           nv_device_resource_start(device, bar),
	   priv->iomemsz, 0, &priv->iomemh)) {
	   	priv->iomemsz = 0;
		nv_error(priv, "unable to map PRAMIN BAR\n");
		return -EFAULT;
	}

which shows that

bar = 2, iomemt=c1077780, iomemsz=10, start=0

--
Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost>
"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the