re: full dmesg (Re: can't get Nouveau console

Makoto Fujiwara writes:
> I have the similar situation with nouveau.
> Install as serial is console, and collected the
> full dmesg :-)
>    http://www.ki.nu/~makoto/NetBSD/dmesg/amd64-h81-NVIDIA-buf_1M-debug
> conf file is attached below
>
> Is following part problem ?
>
> | drm kern info: nouveau  [  PGRAPH][nouveau0] using external firmware
> | drm kern error: nouveau E[  PGRAPH][nouveau0] failed to load fuc409c

the nvidia firmware files don't appear to be free.

the only reference i could find to them involving loading
the binary driver from nvidia under a tracing method that
allows you to pull their firmware out.  this is needed for
the GTX 750 card i have (though i recall my firmware is a
different filename.)  searching for "fuc409c" brings up
pages on many linux distributions for the same problem.

there's really not much we can do yet, though if you manage
to find this from a reputable source, perhaps you will be
able to test :)

.mrg.