Re: Beyond twm

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 2:34 AM, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 22:10:56 +1100 matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:
> > I guess what I'm trying to say is it would be nice if it looks decent
> > in 8 bit or less but that probably shouldn't be much of a priority.
>
> yeah - but it should also look OK for modern hardware too..

That's what I meant to imply:
Looks good on recent hardware -> priority
Looks halfway decent in 8bit -> nice to hav

I suspect that the folks who are running classic hardware, if they are running X at all, are quite familiar with how to get a decent display set up on their machines.  They likely have a stashed /etc/X11 hanging around for the just the thing.  It will be, of course, useful to have twm and other programs with minimal graphics footprints available for such cases.

If the target platform is, say, 0 to 10 years old, the likelihood is quite high that no one will be badly inconvenienced and many will be satisfied.  A small minority might even be impressed.

pjr