Re: Beyond twm

Hello,

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 09:10:37 -0900
Phillip Rulon <prulon%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> The classic,
> stippled root window was chosen to support mono-graphics.  I suspect
> that it is safe to ship a solid color root window by now.  The
> interesting thing is that, if there are any of these classics still
> running, they are probably running NetBSD.

And the people who run this sort of hardware more than likely know
exactly what they're doing and don't care much about the new user / out
of box experience.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it would be nice if it looks decent
in 8 bit or less but that probably shouldn't be much of a priority.

have fun
Michael