Re: Migrating ports from XFree86 to Xorg (Was: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms)

On 26 November 2011 13:59, Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
>>> I would prefer to have wsdisplay drivers for all seven Amiga graphics
>>> cards first. This is even something I would be capable doing, or at
>>> least helping with, in constrast to an Xorg driver...
>>
>> If you have a mappable framebuffer then attaching a wsdisplay on top of
>> it is pretty much trivial. The only problem I see is with the Amiga's
>> built-in graphics hardware which doesn't give us packed pixels as far
>> as I know.
>
> Wsdisplay for Amiga graphics cards including vcons support is done!
>
> Radoslaw Kujawa and me already implemented it for Cybervision64 and CV64/3D.
> It is tested and works fine! Adapting the remaining grfXX.c drivers is
> easy.

Most excellent!

> The next step would be to make Xorg run via wsfb.
>
> As I understand we need to switch the Amiga port to Xorg first, by changing
> some Makefiles? Can somebody give us a hint how to procede?
>
> BTW, nothing will be committed until the whole project is finished. We are
> working on a private branch.

It *should* just be updating the X11FLAVOUR section in bsd.own.mk,
updating any incorrect amiga conditionals in xsrc, and then the
traditional fun with setlists.

I'd probably check the X11FLAGS.EXTENSION+=    -DXF86VIDMODE amiga
setting in bsd.x11.mk also.