Re: Migrating ports from XFree86 to Xorg (Was: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms)

Michael wrote:

>> I would prefer to have wsdisplay drivers for all seven Amiga graphics
>> cards first. This is even something I would be capable doing, or at
>> least helping with, in constrast to an Xorg driver...
>
> If you have a mappable framebuffer then attaching a wsdisplay on top of
> it is pretty much trivial. The only problem I see is with the Amiga's
> built-in graphics hardware which doesn't give us packed pixels as far
> as I know.

Wsdisplay for Amiga graphics cards including vcons support is done!

Radoslaw Kujawa and me already implemented it for Cybervision64 and CV64/3D.
It is tested and works fine! Adapting the remaining grfXX.c drivers is
easy.

The next step would be to make Xorg run via wsfb.

As I understand we need to switch the Amiga port to Xorg first, by changing
some Makefiles? Can somebody give us a hint how to procede?

BTW, nothing will be committed until the whole project is finished. We are
working on a private branch.

--
Frank Wille