Re: Native xorg on macppc and sparc64

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 01:28:25PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> things seem to work so far - there are a few things in MesaLib's DRI
> code that need to be patched but otherwise it looks ok. I can't really
> try it on this G4 though since the r128 driver isn't built yet ( I'll
> give it a shot on my other boxes later on ). Anyway, Xorg -configure
> produced a mostly sane xorg.conf.

i'l check out r128.

> Some issues though:
> - the way we create driver modules looks weird - we produce an so.x file
> and a .so symlink to it. Xorg finds both. No real problem, just annoying
> because it makes the module list in Xorg.0.log look weird and way too
> long.

interesting didn't know it was finding the so.<major> it's more work to
get rid of it being installed.

> - why do we build the vesa driver on macppc? It makes no sense on non-
> x86.

no sense at all. if you find any that don't make sense for a platform
you're working on nobody will complain if you .if ${MACHINE} them out
of the build.

> On sparc64 we run into pointer size vs. integer size problems in
> MesaLib's R200 module. I need to look at the pkgsrc patches to fix that (
> macro hell... ).

yeah that stuff is dirty and is obviously a problem on all 64-bit platforms.

Tyler